Thursdays in September
7pm via Zoom
Costs $10 and includes book
Rev. Doug Meyer is starting a new support community for divorced people. Read the below note from Doug to learn more:
Gone through a divorce? You are not alone – check out these recent statistics:
- There is 1 divorce approximately every 36 seconds. That's nearly 2,400 divorces per day, 16,800 divorces per week, and 876,000 divorces a year.
- The divorce rate for a first marriage is around 41%.
- The divorce rate is 60% for a second marriage and 73% for a third.
- Cumulatively 1 in every 4 families will face divorce.
- The average length for divorce proceedings is 1 year.
Me too! After 32 years we called it quits, so I can honestly say – been there, done that - know how you feel.
I am excited to begin a new outreach ministry called: Fresh Start – a support community for men and women on the healing journey following a divorce.
The group will gather for its inaugural class via ZOOM every Thursday evening in September. After September, the group will continue to meet once a month via zoom for the following 6 months.
The group is open to church members, friends, and anyone near or far. Meeting via ZOOM allows for participation regardless of your address!
My hope is to help us all continue to move down the road as we create our own fresh starts.
The weekly ZOOM sessions will cover all the topics we struggle with such as grief, anger, acceptance, planning for a new future, self-care etc. The big exception is that all of these topics will focus on moving forward with a mindset anchored in hope and positivity.
Want to learn more about the group? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.