One of our core values at Trietsch is Servant Ministry. This means putting ourselves aside to meet the needs of others. There are many opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ throughout the community this summer. For more information about mission projects or more service opportunities, email Clay Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eyes to See
Exploring the Intersection of Faith and Food
Join us this summer as we ask Jesus to give us eyes to see the world as He sees it. As we explore topics around food, from the harvesting of what we eat to food insecurity, we’ll discover that there is opportunity to connect with God while we ensure that all people have full bellies. Come and see. Come and learn.
The sessions will consist of watching video clips followed by discussion period, possibly some handouts, and introduction in ways to connect with local agencies to get involved.
All events will be held in the Scripture Picture room at 9:30 and 11 am on each of the below dates:
- June 3: Urban Gardening
- July 8: Food Insecurity
- August 5: Migrant Workers
For more information, contact Clay Horton at email@example.com.
Kids Eat Free
June 11 - August 10 - Mon - Fri
Kids Eat Free feeds local children who rely on free lunches during the school year. Choose one day or multiple days to serve. This is a fantastic opportunity for families, small groups, Sunday School classes, individuals and anyone who wants to know the joy of being the hands and feet of Christ for children in our own town. Contact Linda Krause at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Budget Suites on 121 - 9:45am - 10:45am
- Highland Acres - 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Register FOR BUDGET SUITES
Register FOR HIGHLAND ACRES
Chin Community Summer Reading
Tuesdays & Thursdays, July 3 - August 2
2 - 4 pm at First Presbyterian Church, Lewisville
You can sign up for one session or multiple sessions as your schedule allows. Volunteers read with the students for 10 minutes, asking questions to make sure the student understands what he/she is reading. Then the students rotate to a different volunteer for another 10 minutes and the process continues, with some breaks and refreshments along the way. Sarah Bloss will lead again this year, and Biak Chin Par will be her assistant.
Requirements to serve
- All new adult volunteers must have a background check.
- High school volunteers must have parent’s permission to serve.
- Middle School volunteers must have parent permission and be accompanied by a parent/adult. (if you have an elementary student who really wants to serve, ask about our family mentoring program, in which all family members can serve)
- To receive the necessary forms, contact Janet Peavler at email@example.com. LISD teachers and aides, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be excused from background check.
- After you have your background check on file with Janet, Sarah Bloss (email@example.com) will send you the link to our online schedule.
Other ways you can help
Refreshments: To sign up to provide refreshments (frozen popsicles, individual frozen yoghurts in easy packaging, individual ice creams) for one session or more, contact CCM office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972 221-3249
Daily Prizes: Small cars, bubbles, bracelets and necklaces, small notebooks, frisbees, nerf games, and other trinkets. Bring to CCM office at Basswood Apartments, 1020 Fox Avenue #504.
Donations: Always helpful to defray the cost of the program. To donate online,click on the big red button at the bottom of this email. Checks may be made out to Chin Community Ministry and sent to Chin Community Ministry, P.O. Box 271323, Flower Mound Tx 75027.