We are blessed to have an amazing staff that lives into our mission statement by leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. If you feel called to a career in ministry, please check back regularly for job openings that ignite your passion.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to HR@tmumc.org.
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP & MEDIA DIRECTOR, Full-Time Exempt
- Demonstrated experience and excellence as a worship leader
- Experience as a pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained as a pastor, but has or can function in a pastoral capacity or role.
- Experience running a media department, including all aspects of usage, management and maintenance of sound, lighting and video equipment and leadership of media team.
- Bachelor's degree in music preferred, but not required
- Study of and/or training in music with strong ability to read music and lead groups required
- Experience and/or skilled in choral, vocal and instrumental direction
- Must show commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Trietsch
- A person of high Christian character
- Exudes a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a has an established, vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship
- Must be flexible in working as a team as well as have strong leadership skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Can work independently and as a self-starter
- Strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with other art forms to facilitate incorporation into worship and planning
- Lead worship singing and band in contemporary worship settings
- Actively participate in weekly worship planning meetings
- Select all music as appropriate for contemporary worship settings
- Select other worship elements to enhance the contemporary worship experience
- Lead bands rehearsals weekly, including devotional life and leader training
- Lead worship bands both musically and spiritually
- Lead unique worship services as needed throughout the year
- Lead youth band and all worship experiences for youth ministry
- Coordinate with Associate Pastor of Worship and Worship Coordinator to fulfill worship plans
- Lead others in fulfilling the Trietsch mission, vision and values
- Actively pursue the development of new worship bands and recruit musicians seeking to fulfil their spiritual gift by serving together through music
- Mentor, counsel and train current and new worship leaders, musicians and other spiritual leaders
- Directly supervise all media staff, contractors and volunteers, and overall accountability for scheduling of media resource to ensure reliable and quality support is provided to all events.
- Oversee recruitment, training, and deployment of media team staff, contractors and volunteers
- Work directly with media team in planning and execution of media related aspects of worship as well as all other onsite events requiring media resources and support
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the industry and brings the latest in technological advances to the Worship and Media departments.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains a process for communicating with staff and laity the procedures for requests for lighting, sound and video in support of church and outside events.
- Ensures that all media technology and equipment furthers the purpose of worship with a commitment to excellence.
- Ensure maintenance plans are in place for existing equipment and develop and maintain plans for future replacements and secure budgets accordingly.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computer hardware/software, presentation software and video production
- Manage all other A/V resources and equipment, including procurement, installation, maintenance and onsite technical support, including TVs, DVDs, Projectors, etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of all media equipment and ensure proper safeguarding
Frequent: Sitting, Standing, Walking and Fine Manipulation
Qualified candidates should forward resume to Tricia Johnson for consideration:
Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church
Attn: Tricia Johnson
6101 Morriss Road Flower Mound, TX 75026