We would love for you to join us on the mission trip to Mozambique every other year, but even if you are unable to travel to Africa -you can still support the growth of this ministry in education, food production and health. Your monetary and supplies donations allow us to bring hope to a village of God's children.
Each year we host an auction and educational experience to help raise funds and awareness for our missions in Mozambique.
To get more information about giving in the below areas, email Jackie Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. To give now, click the below button and select "Africa Mission" from the drop down menu.
After elementary school, students in Mozambique must pay to continue their education through middle school, high school and college. Schooling can cost up to $8k per student, but the minimum wage salary is about $1,400 per year. For many families, this means that they must choose between living expenses and education.
Here's how you can support Mozambique students:
Educate Mozambique Students
- Middle School = $450/ student
- Cost for tuition, travel via bus or van, uniforms, school supplies and additional English classes daily from the Chicuque Library for an 8th to 10th grade student
- High School = $800/ student
- Cost for tuition, travel via bus or van, uniforms, school supplies and additional English classes daily from the Chicuque Library for an 11th to 12th grade student
- College = $2,000/ student
- Cost for local, in country University, tuition which includes round trip travel to the University, books and supplies, room and board.
- Africa Univeristy = $8,000/ student
- Cost for tuition to Africa University (a Methodist University in Mutare, Zimbabwe) which includes round trip travel, books and supplies, room and board. Africa University is an English speaking university which gives students an enormous advantage when seeking a job after receiving their degree
Any donation – however large or small – is welcomed & greatly appreciated and can be used for tuition and education supplies!
GIVE NOW online and choose Africa Missions.
Sponsor an Orphan
Sponsoring an orphan in Mozambique is one the three primary ways to support the mission work Trietsch supports in this African country on the Indian Ocean. (The others are scholarships and the annual Silent Auction to fund health and welfare infrastructure).
Cost to sponsor an orphan is $100, which covers cost of school uniforms, other school needs during their school year, healthy breakfast and for day to day personal needs that might otherwise not be met without our help.
Such a small amount can make such a huge impact! Sign up on Sundays through February 10 or Contact Diane Naquin at Dinaquin26@gmail.com.
You can give to help feed children who are living in the Mozambique Orphanage. It only costs $100/ year to sponsor an orphan and provide them with meals. Part of the donation also goes to agricultural development in Mozambique to create self-sustaining food development.
Your gifts to Mozambique Missions also help support the management, maintenance and health education in the community. When the head of the Chicuque Hospital was asked what his goal was for the hospital during development, he said, "I want a hospital with no patients in it."
Many of the health concerns in Chicuque can be addressed simply by educating the community about proper hygiene and preventative measures. We support the following health initiatives with our donations and presence:
We pray that you'll join us in supporting our efforts in Mozambique, Africa.
- Chicuque Rural Hospital
- The Center of Hope Wellness Center - Give Now
- Construction of a maternity ward