Did you know...
Today, there are more people living in slavery than at any other time in history? But there's good news: we can be part of changing that. We can Fund Freedom. Trietsch has joined together with International Justice Mission (IJM) to raise money to end slavery—and we won't stop until we meet our goal. Together, we will raise more than we ever could alone. Help us reach our goal of $50k by making a donation to IJM.
Learn more about them in the below video.
Learn With Us
Download the TMUMC app, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or check back here to receive daily practices, resources, and thoughts to meditate on Sunday through Friday of each week of Lent.
For the love of humanity, let’s end modern day slavery! There are over 40 million people living in modern day slavery today. We call it human trafficking. This slavery ensnares children, women, and those stuck in poverty the most. It generates over $150,000,000,000 in revenue every single year on the backs of our vulnerable neighbors.
Jesus calls us to love our neighbors and serve those in need. Each year in Lent, we renew our commitment to Jesus to love our neighbors and love God with our whole being. This Lent, our worship series and church-wide campaign, For the Love of Humanity, will call us to love the trafficked by discovering who they are, how we can support better efforts of prevention and how we can help set them free. We will commit to praying, fasting, and giving for the love of humanity.
Want to help? Support our team by making a donation! The process is fast, easy and secure, and you can rest assured that your gift will help to bring people out of slavery and into restoration.
- March 6-April 21 - Download the TMUMC app for daily resources and tips to stop human trafficking as well as spiritual growth opportunities
- March 30 - Mark Miller shares his songs of justice with us in the Choir Room (Rm 165) from 10 am - noon.
- April 2, 7pm - An evening to learn more about Human Trafficking with Jessica Brinkley from Refuge for Women (RFW). She'll discuss RFW, sex trafficking and the effects of pornography and what we as a community can do affect it. Jill Prohaska from Poiema Foundation will discuss how they help those trafficked, how it happens, and how to get involved.
- April 7, 9:30 or 11am - Everyday Justice: Justice and Our Spending Habits - Join us in the Ministry Center as we explore practical steps we can take to do justice and live more responsibly. You will come away with some tools that can help you align your faith and spending patterns.
- April 27, 8am - Everyone invited to join the Men of Trietsch for their monthly breakfast (in the Ministry Center this month). Our speaker, Sarolyn Morgan of Homeland Security - ICE, will talk about Human Trafficking. Free, no reservations necessary.