Visit TMUMC.ORG/lent or download the TMUMC app to keep up with all lent practices.
This week we invite you to join us in the ancient practice of reading Scripture called Lectio Divina. Lectio Divina can be done individually or in a small group.
The passage we are going to explore is John 4:7-15.
- Begin by acknowledging God’s presence during this set-aside time.
- Read the passage. Listen for any words or phrases that jump out.
- Read the passage again. Spend a moment reflecting on the words or phrases. What is God saying to you through this word or phrase?
- Read the passage for a third time. Record your thoughts by journaling or praying. (If you are doing this practice with someone else, feel free to discuss your thoughts.)
- Spend time in silence reflecting on this exercise.
Click here to get resources to learn more about Lectio Divina.