Tony Campolo is an American sociologist, pastor, author, public speaker and former spiritual advisor to U.S. President Bill Clinton. In the below video, he shares an interesting story from a time when he was in Honolulu and somehow found himself throwing a birthday party for prostitutes. Everyone deserves a celebration in the church of Jesus Christ!
Thoughts to Consider
- What evidence of God’s transformation in your life (perhaps through practicing spiritual disciplines) do you have to give thanks for and celebrate?
- Looking ahead, what opportunities do you have to laugh, sing, shout, dance, etc.? Can you make some opportunities?
- Looking ahead, what opportunities do you have to “relax and enjoy the good things of the earth” (Richard Foster)? Can you make some opportunities?
- Organize a creative activity with family or friends.
- Arrange to get together with some friends purely for relaxation and pleasure.
- What events in the lives of family or friends could you be celebrating?