Small groups connect us relationally to share life and faith together as we grow in our relationships with Jesus Christ and each other. Our small groups are for all adults regardless of age, background or where you are in your Christian journey. Groups learn together, fellowship together and serve together. Most small groups are composed of 12-15 participants although there are a few Sunday morning small groups that are much larger.
Search Small Groups
Email Denise Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how to get connected to a group.
"The believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the community, to their shared meals, and to their prayers." Acts 2:42
Bible Studies open our minds and hearts to the Bible and one another. Faith is born and nourished, our understanding is deepened and we not only learn, but allow God to transform us and the culture around us. Bible studies are for adults of all ages whether or not you are familiar with the Bible or are picking it up for the first time. It is an opportunity to learn truth for today. Each Bible study has a facilitator who is really the "lead learner" as they learn alongside the participants.
Search Bible Studies
Contact Linda Steiner at email@example.com if you have any questions about how to get connected.
"Don't be conformed to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you can figure out what God's will is - what is good and pleasing and mature." Romans 12:2
Ministry to Men
United Methodist Men of Trietsch (UMMoT)
Our mission statement is, "Making disciples for Christ by ministering to and through men." Men's ministries at Trietsch strive to ignite men to discover and deepen their walk with Christ, provide a ministry focused on a Christ-centered vision, bind together, communicate and promote existing men's ministries.
Ways to Get Involved:
Breakfast & Programs - 3rd Saturdays of the month at 8 am in the Family Life Center (FLC)
- No meeting in September for Men's Retreat - see below
- All men are invited to join the United Methodist Men of Trietsch for their monthly breakfast in the Family Life Center (to the south of the main building off Dixon and Eastglen roads). Free, no reservations necessary. Come join us for a delicious breakfast and fellowship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Days and times of 3rd Saturday breakfasts are subject to change. Check back for updates.
Spiritual Development for Men
- Friday Morning Men's Bible Study - every Friday at 6 am in the Ministry Center
- Sunday Morning Men's Small Group - every Sunday at 8 am in room 115 in the Main Building
- Theology Pub & Grub - every 2nd Thursday at 7:30pm at Nick’s Pizza & Pasta - 1301 Justin Rd # 105, Lewisville
- Men's Retreat - UMMoT invites all men to a retreat at MarLuc Bella Vita Ranch in Jacksboro. Gather Friday evening for fellowship. Saturday enjoy boating, fishing, dove hunting & hiking. We'll enjoy discussion of the book “Lead Like Jesus” let by Ted Hyde and Jody Turnbow, and meet around campfire for Theology Pub & Grub dinner. Sunday we'll gather to worship @ 9:30 with a live feed from Trietsch. Departure following service. Bedding, linen, towels, dishes, and cookware provided. Bring fishing rods, dove hunting equipment, Friday night BBQ meat choice, snacks and drinks. Cost is $125.00 per person. Scholarships are available if needed. Attendance is limited. To sign up, contact Jim Attrell at email@example.com.
Loving Our Neighbors
- Addiction Prevention & Recovery: Supporting Winning The Fight and Denton Freedom House. Contact Jimmy Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
- "My Hero" Military Support: Supporting active military with out a strong support network back home. Contact Kent Bliss at email@example.com
- Healthy Family Man: Helping men grow into their role as Spiritual Leader in the family. Contact Chris Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honey Dudes: serve widows, military wives and the elderly around the community who need help around the house. To serve or request help, email them at email@example.com
Search Men's Groups
Contact Rev. Chris O'Riley, Associate Pastor of Missions & Pastoral Care, if you have any questions about how to get connected.
Women of Worth (WOW)
As Women of Worth (WOW), we empower each other to be in ministry and share the message of God’s love and mercy in the church, the community and the world. We do this by providing opportunities for fellowship, service and spiritual, mental and emotional growth.
We offer ministry opportunities for all ages and backgrounds, including:
- Coffee & Conversation: 2nd Saturday of EVERY month - 9:30 am at Swirl Bakery Cafe in Flower Mound - All women are welcome to this open-minded, non-judgmental talk about issues and faith. Contact Stephanie Pippett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRAFTS & SERVICE
- Knit Together: Tuesdays, 1 - 2 pm, Room 292 - This is a prayer shawl and lap robe ministry whose mission is create beautiful and comforting gifts for our home-bound members, rest home residents or the bedsides of those in need of comfort. Contact Judy Allison at email@example.com.
- Baptism Quilters: Every 2nd & 4th Thursday, 9:30 am, Room 150 - Provide each child baptized at Trietsch with a handmade quilt. Contact Melva Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-317-7152.
- Christian Cut-ups: Every 2nd & 4th Friday, 9:30 am - noon, Room 230 - Provide handmade cards to the church office and to any ministry within the church that needs cards, at no cost. Contact Cheryl Bruno at email@example.com or Polly Shafer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Care Ministry - Pray for a college student, notes of encouragement and gifts. Contact Paula Brunsteter at email@example.com.
- Heart Ties Quilters: Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 9 am, Room 115 - Spread God's love through the gift of handmade quilts to those in care facilities. Contact Diane Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Huddle Groups - Intimate gatherings of 4-8 women who join together for fellowship, conversation, friendship and support. Contact Nikki Sears at email@example.com.
- Military Support - In an effort to support our troops, we would like to support any of our congregation and their families that are serving in the military. The Military Support Ministry will send care packages on a regular basis. Contact Kelly Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Women's Cancer Support Group - Gather with women who are fighting cancer for prayer and support. Contact Sharon White at Sharon@sharonandtrey.com or 972-489-3320.
Search Women's Groups
To get more information about women's groups, email Mariah Wills at email@example.com.
Music & Arts
Everybody, regardless of ability, is welcome to experience the joy of music. We offer environments for budding, as well as accomplished, musicians, singers, dancers and artists. It is important to us to create an environment of growth across all ages and skill level. We offer an eclectic performance of quality music, including gospel, bluegrass, traditional, rock and contemporary.
Music & Art allows all people to find and experience their faith in a safe place. We are all in a different place along our journey. If you have a musical gift, you can express it for God's glory. We want you to use your gifts to give back to God; whether you are an artist, teacher, dancer, musician or singer.
Email Karen Chraska, Associate Pastor for Music, for more information.
Sports & Fitness
The Sports & Fitness Ministry honors and glorifies the Lord through the enjoyment of recreation activities and fellowship. Our goal is to provide a positive environment in which we can use exercise as a tool to minister God's word. From sports leagues to fitness classes, we offer weekly opportunities to get active in the name of Christ. Unless otherwise noted, activities are in the Family Life Center (FLC).
Please complete the Trietsch Sports Activity Waiver for all sports classes and activites. Click on the link below and complete form and bring with you to first class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ongoing Fitness Classes
We do not charge for classes however a recommended donation of at least $3 is appreciated to offset costs for instructors and equipment. Classes are led by certified instructors. Donations keep our classes going. Please feel free to donate at tmumc.org/give, the Trietsch app or the donation box in the FLC. Donate at least $25 and get a Body & Soul Sport-Tek shirt (see below). Donations are tax-deductible. All classes are in the Family Life Center unless otherwise noted. Please check EVENT CALENDAR for any time changes.
- Zumba: Thursdays 7 pm
- Strong Zumba: Mondays 7 pm (also known as HITTZ, a high intensity tempo training Zumba style)
- Dance2Fit: Wednesdays 7 pm
- Strength & Conditioning: Tuesdays & Thursdays 7 am & 9:15 am
- Holy Yoga: Mondays 9:15 am, Tuesdays 7:30 pm
- Vinyasa Yoga (more advanced): Wednesdays 9:15 am
- Senior Chair Yoga: Tuesdays 11 am
- Senior Mobility Yoga: Thursdays 11 am
- Tai Chi: Mondays 10:30 am
- Basketball & Pickleball times may vary this summer - check CALENDAR or email email@example.com for updates
- Men's Pick-up Basketball: Saturdays 7-9 am
- Open Play Pickleball: Tues/Fri 5-8 pm & Thurs 1 - 4 pm & Sat 2 - 7 pm
Classes cost $50 per person for 3 days of instruction. Classes limited to 8. Light snacks provided. Dates vary and are offered at different times. Register at the specific links below.
Pre-K through 6th grade play in Upward leagues. Games for Upward flag football are in the fall, and soccer and basketball in the spring. Registration starts months before games. Details available at tmumc.org/upward for full details and registration. Coaches and referees needed.
The Body & Soul Sports Ministry offers workout Sport-Tek shirts for a $25 donation. CLICK HERE to download the order form and bring with donation to Dayne Flock in the Family Life Center, or make at least a $25 donation at tmumc.org/give and choose Sports, then email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get connected email Dayne Flock, Director of Sports Ministry or call 972-539-8547 ext. 207.
"Train yourself for a holy life! While physical training has some value, training in holy living is useful for everything. It has promise for this life now and the life to come.” 1 Timothy 4:7b-8
We are always looking for humble servants to support our ministry. You may be gifted as a teacher, organizer, encourager, decorator or something completely different. Whatever your talents are, we want to help you discover the joy of using your talents to build God's kingdom. If you are interested in serving, please fill out the form and we will help connect you.